OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems
Certification against OHSAS 18001
OHSAS 18001 is an international safety framework used by organisations as diverse as food producers and mining companies in Chile and small manufacturers in Asia. It is recognised as the international OHS benchmark.
Safety Certification is recognition from an accredited, independent third party that your organisation complies with a recognised standard detailing good safety management system principles. Certification is a public demonstration of the organisation’s commitment to reduce and ultimately eliminate workplace injury. OHSAS 18001 Certification, also known as OHSAS 18001 Registration, OHS 18001, 18001, SMS, and safety management systems, can help your business find new markets and gain wider acceptance.
Organisations seek certification for many different reasons:
- Contracts which the organisation is pursuing may require certification to a particular Standard as a tender condition.
- Certification can provide customers confidence in the services provided by the certified organisation and can therefore be used as a marketing tool.
- Certification provides a verified demonstrated commitment by the organisation to continual improvement and effective customer focus.
- Certified Management Systems have been demonstrated to improve business outcomes and to assist in managing risks within the organisation.
- Certified Management Systems can increase the efficiency of business processes, and thereby reduce waste and rework.
- Certification to a particular standard can be a requirement for international trade.
- Certification of management systems can help to increase sales, reduce staff turnover, improve morale and improve profitability.
- Safety Certification can also result in reduced insurance premiums.
NCSI Americas are pleased to be able to offer this certification. For information about costs and dates available for your organization please Request a Quote, or for specific questions about the standard please Contact Us.