ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
Certification against ISO 9001
Today, almost 1,000,000 organisations world-wide are assessed against the quality benchmark each year, highlighting the value in this globally attractive ‘transaction passport’. Once considered only applicable to factories and production centres, the revised ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Standard now has widespread international acceptance as the quality benchmark for all types of organisations. ISO 9001 Certification, also known as ISO 9001 Registration can help your business find new markets and gain wider acceptance. ISO 9001 also is commonly referred to as ISO 9000, 9001, QMS, and Quality Assurance.
Quality Systems are well proven as a fundamental tool for reducing waste and enterprise risk while increasing customer confidence and business performance through continual improvement. However, full realization of these benefits, along with the associated marketing advantage, only comes with independent verification by an accredited certification body such as NCS International.
The assessment and certification process provides an organisation’s management with an independent expert review, not only of compliance with the ISO 9001 Standard, but also of areas within the business that can be improved. On-going audits and re-assessment builds on this advantage to give your business a competitive edge.
NCS International offers ISO 9001 against the newest standard version - ISO 9001:2008. The standard was previously offered as the ISO 9001:2000, and ISO 9001:1994 variants.
Who Is ISO 9001 Suitable For?
Certification in ISO 9001 covers a range of industries including:
Food – (growers, processors, retailers, packers, wholesalers, etc)
Manufacturing & Construction – (builders, infrastructure, factories, workshops, etc)
Services, Trades & Hospitality – (tradespeople, small business, transport, hotels, etc)
Government, Health & Education – (councils, medical centres, schools and TAFE’s, government agencies, museums, etc)
Utilities, Resources & Agriculture – Telcos, mines, forests, farms, water companies, power stations, etc)
Why Gain Certification?
Organisations seek certification for many different reasons:
- Contracts which the organisation is pursuing may require certification to a particular Standard as a tender condition.
- Certification can provide customers confidence in the services provided by the certified organisation and can therefore be used as a marketing tool.
- Certification provides a verified demonstrated commitment by the organisation to continual improvement and effective customer focus.
- Certified Management Systems have been demonstrated to improve business outcomes and to assist in managing risks within the organisation.
- Certified Management Systems can increase the efficiency of business processes, and thereby reduce waste and rework.
- Certification to a particular standard can be a requirement for international trade.
- Certification of management systems can help to increase sales, reduce staff turnover, improve morale and improve profitability.
- Quality Certification can also result in reduced insurance premiums.