BRC Global Standard for Food Safety
BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Certification
The BRC Standard was developed in the late 1990’s in response to concerns by suppliers regarding multiple audits and differing food safety management standards. The British Retail Consortium (BRC), a UK trade organization that represents the interests of the UK retailers, has published the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, globally setting the minimum standard of hygiene in food manufacturing plants.
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 6 is for any food supplier, regardless of product or country of origin, that wishes to achieve a certification for a GFSI benchmarked standard. BRC is commonly requested for organizations supplying into Europe and the UK, although it has widespread acceptance generally. This standard is most suitable for food manufacturers and processors.
To comply with BRC Global Standard for Food Safety, the food suppliers and manufacturer must adopt three main criteria in their management systems:
- Adoption and implementation of HACCP
- Documented and effective quality management system
- Control of factory environment standards, products, processes and personnel
- Certifying your food safety management system against the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 5 requirements
- Enhancement of your food safety management system
- Demonstration of your commitment to producing and trading safe food
- Recognition and acceptance from the UK retailer community
- Increase in consumer confidence in your products
- Improvement of market and customer perspectives
- Reduction of the number of supplier assessments
NCSI Americas are pleased to be able to offer this certification. For information about costs and dates available for your organization please Request a Quote, or for specific questions about the standard please Contact Us.